Can you provide legal advice on the phone?
We can only provide legal advice on the phone to existing clients or to potential clients during scheduled phone consultations.
What are your hours?
Our normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM.
How long does a consultation with an attorney typically last?
The length of a consultation is 45 minutes.
How much is the consultation fee?
Our consultation fee is $100. Checks, money orders, cash and credit cards (MasterCard, VISA or Discover) are acceptable payment methods.
When is the consultation fee due?
The fee is due at the end of the consultation.
What should I bring with me to the consultation?
- All court documents served upon you
- All court documents from previous legal proceedings
- List of property of both spouses
- List of assets, debts and liabilities of both spouses
- Deed(s) for all real estate
- Titles to vehicles, trailers, boats, etc.
- Current income documentation, e.g. recent pay stubs, for both parties
- Current bank statements for all checking and savings accounts (joint or individual)
- Tax returns (including all schedules, W2 forms and 1099’s) for the past 3 years
- Current brokerage statements for all accounts in joint or individual names
- Current statement on retirement accounts, e.g. 401(k) plans, IRA’s, pension plans, etc.
- Current statements on all whole life insurance policies showing cash value
- Mortgage statement(s) showing current balances (including home equity loans)
- Any domestic contracts, e.g. premarital agreement
- Contact information for both spouses
- Legal names, birthdates and addresses of any children
- Documentation of child care costs (before/after school, summer care)
- Documentation of costs for health, dental, vision insurance for the children
Can I bring anyone with me?
We recommended that you do not bring children to the consultation. This maximizes the time and focus of the dialogue. It is important that you realize that the presence of a friend or family member during the consultation waives the attorney client privilege.
Contact us at Bagwell Holt Smith P.A. for more information about your family law needs.